This Bank Holiday weekend, join us at Newstead Abbey
22 May 2016
The air at Newstead Abbey will be filled with the smell of gunpowder and the sound of firing muskets over the Bank Holiday weekend!
The Sealed Knot returns for an epic English Civil War siege in the stunning grounds of Newstead Abbey and park near Nottingham - come and see the siege camps, with demonstrations of arts martial and civilian, plus huge battles on Sunday and Monday next to the ruins of the Augustinian priory, that was the ancestral home of Lord Byron.
Tickets are available on the day at £10 per person, which includes parking and entry to the Abbey House. Children under 16 go free, though other concessions are not available.
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend