The Sealed Knot is coming to the heart of Herefordshire
4 July 2016
On the weekend of the 23rd & 24th of July, the peace will be broken at Hampton Court Castle by hundreds of re-enactors descending on Herefordshire!
The picturesque setting of Hampton Court Castle provides the perfect backdrop to see the Sealed Knot both at arms during the battle and at rest in the Living History encampment. As well as the Sealed Knot attractions, the wonderful castle and peaceful gardens will provide a full day out for all ages.
In the morning, you can experience the serenity of Hampton Court Castle with its beautiful gardens and imposing castle, followed in the afternoon by the noise and excitement of sword, musket, cannon and pike. There will be a living history camp throughout the day, portraying various aspects of 17th century life. You can also visit the medieval encampment throughout the day, including a chance to have a go at archery with a longbow.
The kids haven't been forgotten either: after the main battle they can meet and train with the soldiers and maybe have a go at drumming.
Admission to the Garden, Parkland and all the day's events is just £8.50 for adults, £7.50 for senior citizens, £4.75 for children (free entry for children under 5) and £24.00 for a family (2 adults and up to 3 children): superb value for a great family day out! (Castle entrance is not included in this price.)
10.30am Castle and Gardens open - Browse at your leisure or take a guided tour through the Castle and Gardens
12pm Living History camps open - Visit the civil war and medieval army encampments. Meet and chat with the off-duty soldiers, and have a go at archery yourself. The Living History camp will remain open throughout the day.
12.45pm Sealed Knot 17th century weapons drill - An introduction to the drums, colours and fighting arms of an English Civil War army.
2pm Medieval archery display - The legendary English longbowmen display their skill-at-arms.
3pm Main Sealed Knot 17th century battle - Hundreds of English Civil War soldiers fight with pike, musket and cannon. Chaos, colour, noise, and smoke.
3.45pm Meet the army and children's pike drill - An opportunity for children of all ages (and adults) to have a go at being a Civil War pikeman and chat with the soldiers after the battle.
28th January 2017
- This weekend: Leicester goes back to the 17th Century
9th September 2016
- Make this August Bank Holiday weekend one to remember - step back in time!
21st August 2016
- The Sealed Knot is coming to the heart of Herefordshire
4th July 2016
- This Father's Day weekend, witness the Siege of Sheffield!
13th June 2016
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend