This weekend: Leicester goes back to the 17th Century
9 September 2016
This weekend Bradgate Park near Leicester will come alive with a FREE* Living History weekend!
From 10.30am to 4pm on Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September, the Sealed Knot will recreate how the Earl of Stamford and his son, Lord Grey - both senior figures in the Parliamentarian Arm - played a role in the English Civil Wars.
A living history encampment will be established on the flat meadows in the centre of the park. Mock skirmishes will take place around 2-2.30pm. There will be displays and information in the encampment, plus period music in the ruins of Bradgate House, which will also be open.
This all adds up to a great educational and fun free day out!
*Please note whilst admission is free there is a £4 car park charge for the whole day at the Cropston, Hunts Hill and Newtown Linford car parks.
28th January 2017
- This weekend: Leicester goes back to the 17th Century
9th September 2016
- Make this August Bank Holiday weekend one to remember - step back in time!
21st August 2016
- The Sealed Knot is coming to the heart of Herefordshire
4th July 2016
- This Father's Day weekend, witness the Siege of Sheffield!
13th June 2016
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend