Civil war comes to the riverside
10 October 2009
Walkers in Barton Farm Country Park in Bradford on Avon were startled to hear the sound of beating drums and marching feet when a company of Civil War militia, members of the Sealed Knot re-enactment society, met there one Sunday morning.
The pikemen – and women – pictured above practiced drill on the path and lawns close to the tithe barn, before the musteteers crossed the river for firing practice in the field next to the railway line.
Read the full article on the Wiltshire Times website.
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend