Civil war is to take hold in Treeton
6 June 2009
BATTLE cries will ring out over Treeton next month when a living history group re-enacts the English Civil War.
The local cricket club will be turned into a battlefield when the Sealed Knot group put on their show over the weekend of July 11 and 12.
The event will also include several marquees housing several 17th century attractions giving visitors a chance to experience what life was like during the period.
Read the full article on The Star website.
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend