Civil war troops storm Wiltshire town
1 January 2009
A FEW surprised onlookers watched on as English Civil War soldiers stormed Bradford on Avon firing muskets during a mock skirmish at the weekend.
Groups of people from the Sealed Knot society adorned costumes from the 17th century as part of an English Civil War re-enactment carried out by members of Henry Tillier’s Regiment in a bid to attract new members.
Shaun Dobson, landlord of the Three Horseshoes Pub in Frome Road, Bradford on Avon, hosted some of the group over the weekend.
Read the full article on the Wiltshire Times website.
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend