Sealed knot of approval
4 April 2009
Moot Hall in Elstow marks the latest knot-ch in its history.
History came to life as the ancient Moot Hall in Elstow was handed over to the new unitary council.
The Sealed Knot Living History Group recreated life within a 17th century military camp at the time of the English Civil War on Elstow village green to celebrate the handover of the timber-framed market hall from the now abolished Beds County Council to Bedford Borough Council.
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend