Watch: Battle lines drawn as York re-stages Civil War
5 May 2009
THE stage is set for York's first English Civil War Festival which will see the city provide the backdrop for the biggest battle re-enactment of its kind in the country in August.
Parliamentarian and Royalist will again cross swords as the largest re-enactment group in Europe, The Sealed Knot Society, stages the first English Civil War Festival that York has ever seen.
Read the full article on the Yorkshire Post website.
- Members of the Sealed Knot parade in York as part of the English Civil War Festival
- Civil War soldiers on march again as city marks its 17th century heritage
- York banking on weekend fun
- Civil war foes battle it out in York
- Royalists and parliamentarians to storm the beaches at Weston
- York’s first English Civil War festival expected to attract thousands of Civil War enthusiasts
- Stow-on-the-Wold to travel back to 17th Century for Cotswold Festival
- Weekend of history from Tudor times to present day
- Let the battle begin
- Lord Mayor's parade to mark end of children's festival
- Mayor's parade back to former glory - SLIDESHOW
- Westonzoyland charity launch event hailed a success
- War breaks out to liven up a quiet weekend